5 Content Marketing Strategies You Need
“We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.”
Craig Davis, former Chief Creative Officer at J. Walter Thompson
Content marketing is one of the most valuable forms of marketing because of its low cost and high demand. It’s what the people want. They don’t want banners, ads, and popups. People are tired of irrelevant messages and products being shoved in their faces. They want high-quality, useful, and engaging content about products, services, and topics that matter to them. Valuable content trumps the quantity of content.
Content is still king, but it’s constantly evolving.
Consider these stats:
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound strategies but generates 3x as many leads.
- Video and voice search are leading the charge in 2021.
- Over 41 percent of Americans use an ad blocker of some sort. Content is not an “ad”, and so is an effective method to get around blockers.
- Businesses that use content marketing have conversion rates 6x higher on average than those that do not.
- 70% of consumers prefer to learn about a product from an article rather than an ad.
- Companies that blog generate 126% more lead growth than those that don’t.
- 60% of marketers say content marketing is very important or extremely important to their overall strategy.
So what are some content strategies you should be implementing? Here are 5 ways you can up your content marketing game.
1. Build content communities
There has been a rise of Slack communities across tech and building communities and personalized marketing has been a big push over the last year. Building communities around content sharing and creation allows marketing teams to expand their reach with fewer resources. This strategy is about engaging with customers while building trust and loyalty and reaching a wider audience.
According to Neil Patel, the Dollar Shave Club (DSC) is an excellent example of this. He says, “DSC works on a subscription basis and considers all of its members a part of the community. In addition to its social media presence and a blog to engage with customers, DSC features members in its monthly newsletter and ensures its subscribers are at the heart of the business.”
2. Go live with video and webinars
Search Engine Journal discovered that their Facebook Live posts delivered 178% higher than average engagement over regular posts, and increased referral traffic by 213% over the 2 months of their study.
Video is a quick and effective medium to communicate your message and educate your audience. Consumers want to get information quickly and there’s no better way to do so than with the help of video marketing. You don’t need a fancy setup or experienced editors. You just need a phone, a clean background, and a clear message.
3. Improve content experience
The way you interact with content is just as important as the actual content itself. Better UX is a key content marketing trend because people don’t want roadblocks to receiving the information they are looking for.
4. Double down on SEO
It’s time to create a solid SEO strategy and dig into keyword research. 2021 trends in content marketing show a focus on capturing niche and long-tail keywords and creating content that’s more engaging.
5. Repurpose content across channels
This simply means repackaging your content into different formats. Turning blog posts into eBook or newsletter content, embedding YouTube videos in your blog, transcribing your YouTube videos and distributing them as a podcast, newsletter, or blog content, or creating infographics from research and stats. This is a great way to get more out of less.
Looking to transform your content marketing strategy? We can help! Get in touch with us today to learn how we can partner with your business to make your product and services soar!
Subscribe to Stay up-to-date with blogs, tips & tricks and more.