Guide to Amazon Prime Day 2022 for Sellers
Prime Day will soon be here and we are submitting our deals for approval. In 2021, Amazon Prime Day pulled in over $11 Billion. Per Adobe Analytics, this was 6.1% higher than 2020. We expect Prime Day 2022 to continue this trend and exceed 2021 sales. As for timing, last year Prime Day occurred on June 21 and 22, which is earlier than usual. Prime Day 2022 will most likely occur some time in June or July.
What is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
Prime Day is a 48-hour event for Prime members that showcases some of the biggest sales oy the year on Amazon. Amazon Prime Day originated in 2015 to celebrate Amazon's 20th anniversary. For 24 hours, Amazon had deals on hundreds of products. The event was a success and Amazon has continued to have the event every year since.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
Prime Day 2022 dates are still unknown. Traditionally Prime Day is celebrated in mid July, but last year Prime Day ran from June 21 through June 22. We are predicting that Prime Day will occur in July for 2022.
- Prime Day 2015: July 15
- Prime Day 2016: July 12
- Prime Day 2017: July 11-12
- Prime Day 2018: July 16-17
- Prime Day 2019: July 15-16
- Prime Day 2020: October 13-14 (due to COVID-19)
- Prime Day 2021: June 21-22
- Prime Day 2022: TBD
How to prepare for Amazon Prime Day 2022?
Steps for Submitting Lightning Deal:
Go to Your Sellers Central Page > Advertising > Deals > Create a New Deal > Lightning Deals > Select > Prime Day Window
Steps for Submitting Coupon Deal:
Step 1 Accessing Coupon Page: Go to Your Seller Central Page > Advertising > Coupons > Create a new coupon (or bulk)
Step 2 Creating Coupon: Select Your Products > Select Prime Day Placeholder Dates > Specify # of Coupons > Specify Discount>Submit
Amazon Prime Day 2022 Deal Eligibility Criteria:
- The Prime Exclusive Discount must meet all regular eligibility criteria.
- To be eligible for Prime Day Prime Exclusive Discount, you must be a seller with at least a 4 Seller Feedback Rating. Sellers that have not received any feedback ratings from buyers will also be eligible for Prime Day Prime Exclusive Discount.
- The product must have at least a three and half star rating or no rating.
- The discount must be at least 20% off the non-member non-promotional price (that is, Your Price or Sale Price, whichever is lower).
- The Prime exclusive discounted price must beat the lowest price for the ASIN in past 30 days by 5%. The lowest price in the last 30 days is the lowest order price for the ASIN in that period including all deal, promotional, and sale prices across all Merchants.
Amazon Prime Day 2022 Timelines:
- Deal submission opens March 22, 2022, and closes end of day, April 29, 2022.
- The US inbound shipping cutoff is June 2, 2022 for Seller Central.
- All deal inventory should be ready to ship by end of May to reduce the risk of running out of stock (OOS) on Prime Day.
Prime Day 2022 FAQ
How do I know if I am eligible to submit a Deal for event consideration?
You can see if an ASIN is eligible for event consideration in two places:
- On the Deals dashboard, the event options are in the Date column drop down.
- As part of creating a new Deal choose the desired event when you select Schedule for the Deal.
If you do not see the event available in the Schedule, your ASIN currently does not meet the criteria to be considered for the event.
What if I don't see the ASINs that I want to submit for the event?
Products must pass certain criteria in order to qualify to be an eligible ASIN. If you don't have any eligible ASINs on your Deals dashboard, your products currently don't meet the Deals criteria.
What is the fee to run a Deal during the event?
The event includes a time period during which customer traffic in Amazon Stores may be significantly higher, which may lead to greater exposure and potential sales for your Deal.
Depending on your locale, you could see a fee variation. Amazon Prime Day is a higher traffic time period, and you will likely be charged a higher fee.
When will I know when my Deal is expected to run?
The date and time of your Deal will be revealed in Seller Central at least one week before the Deal is scheduled to run. If your Deal has been selected for the event, the start and end dates will state the name of the event (e.g. Prime Day, Cyber Monday, etc.), along with the time your Deal will run. If your Deal has not been selected for the event, the start and end dates will reflect the week-long timeframe.
Amazon Prime Day 2022 Tips:
- Optimize all of your listings - Comb through your copy for SEO value, make sure your images provide context, and review customer feedback for ideas.
- Competitively price products - make sure your deal and coupons will entice customers to purchase over your competitors.
- Monitor your advertising - advertising during Prime Day can get expensive with the increase in traffic and search volume. Keep a close eye on your budgets, cost per click (CPC), and return on ad spend (RoAS).
- Prepare your website - if customers do not know about your product already they may visit your website to learn more about you and your product. Ensure your website is ready for the traffic. This is also a good opportunity to have them purchase directly from you. A sale on your own website or a better warranty than Amazon may offer better incentive to purchase on your site.
Feeling overwhelmed by all this information? That’s what we’re here for!
AirTank’s Amazon specialists know all the secret formulas for increasing Amazon sales. Contact AirTank today to see how we can help!
Subscribe to Stay up-to-date with blogs, tips & tricks and more.